Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ice...covered with snow...yikes!



I woke up this morning and found my river birch trees bending over and touching their toes.





About a 1/4 inch of ice is coating everything not inside and under a roof. Speaking of rooftops, the ice and snow has clogged guttering systems and is weighing down everything.




The good news; we don't have as much snow as the folks just to the west of the metro area. Snowfall totals west of Pratt are reported at more than two feet. Forecasters say we should climb just above freezing today...maybe by a degree or two...so hopefully the ice will melt off the trees and power lines.




I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to next week: Temperatures in the upper 50s!




Send me your storm photos...I'll post them online. E-mail stormshots@kfdi.com




No comments:

Post a Comment